Monday 16 April 2012

PROJECT 365: Part 3

And we continue...

Day 13: Happy Parev Birthday!
It was my sister's birthday on the 7th of April, and this year her birthday fell smack dab in the middle of easter. Or passover. SisHaw has got herself  jewish fiance, and insisted that he be able to eat her birthday cake.  Oh the things I am learning about Judaism.  For example, there is a special kind of kosher for passover.  Apprently that's what the 'parev' is about.  So I made a cake with just eggs and chocolate.  And whippy cream.  It wasn't perfect, but for a first try it sure wasn't bad.  Everyone had 2 slices and it was finished before the evening was out.  It was such a success, I have a feeling this is what SisHaw is making me for my birthday in two weeks time...


Day 14: Purple Pedicure
After a day of birthday festivities, what could be better than a pedicure and movie day?


Day 15: Beautiful skies
Not an unknown phenomenon in sunny South Africa, but the last few weeks have given us deep, crisp blue skies with really pretty, white clouds.


Day 16: Place of work.
Yep, this is where I work.  The home of the president of the old Transvaal Republic, Paul Kruger.  It's a really modest house for a really modest man.  Currently, the exterior of the house is being restored.  If you're interested, go here to find out more.



Day 17: Friendship takes time
In this case, about a year.  This awesome watch was given to me by my friend Lori Otto!  She also sent me an awesome little Fossil bag and a Fossil notebook.  According to the beautiful card she sent along with my presents, they are a thank you for pre-reading her book and generally stalking the shit out of her.  What she doesn't realise is that I LOVE reading her work and it's a priviledge for me to be able to do so.  I also love our nonsense twitter and email convos.  Lori has definitely enriched my life, and as a result I've added Texas to my list of places to visit! Lov ya, Lori! 

Go here to read Lori's blog, or just click on the link on the left. And be sure to listen to the playlist for Lori's first series of books, which can be found on the right!  Can anyone guess why Lori chose THIS watch?


Day 18: Birthday Puppy
On the 12th of April this year, Penny turned one.  I'm very lucky to know the exact birthdates of both my doggies!  I even got to hold Shilo the day he was born (and practically every day after that).  I don't know the cat's birthday's so we celebrate their "gotting-you-day", that is, the day I got them.  I can't believe Penny is only a year old.  It feels like I've had her and been licked by her and had my head stood on by her FOREVER!  But she's a love, and I'm very glad I decided to get her for Shilo ;D


Day 19: Hunger Games Day!
FINALLY! The Hunger Games was only released in South Africa on the 13th! And I made sure my sister and her fiance took me that very day. Loved it!  And I am really enjoying the soundtrack too.


Day 20: iPod update
I have been very remiss in updating my dear, dear iPod.  I keep buying music and meaning to add it but I just never seem to get around to it.  Hence the 6 cd's, 5 digital albums, several singles and one half of an audio book that needed to be added to my iTunes library.  And with the terminal slowness of my laptop this is an arduous task.  BUT I have some great new music, including Brothers by The Black Keys, the latest Man Man album (thanks Jenny Jerkface), and the Hunger Games soundtrack and score.  I still have more albums to download but I'll do that at work where I don't have to pay for the internet.  That's why we have jobs, right?  I may have to do a post on the awesomeness of these albums.

Funny thing, when I posted this photo, Facebook wanted me to tag the faces on the cd's with a 'tag your friends' instruction.  That's right Facebook.  I'm real good friends with Glen Miller, Shirley Bassey, Florence Welch and Bryan Ferry...



Day 21: Evening Highway
Driving home with my Dad.  Highways always look so pretty at night with all the lights.


Another week done.  Find me on Facebook if you can.  I dare ya!

1 comment:

  1. The cake looks scrumptious. PLEASE send me the recipe - dangrdafne @ gmail . com

    Love the purple toes and blue skies :)

    If I may ask, what do you do at the president's house?

    I see you tweet about Lori Otto but I have been remiss to follow up on her. And if you come to Texas you better let me know so I can fly there to meet you too!!

    Cute puppy, gorgeous sisters, wonderful music and hanging out with Dad - priceless.

    ReplyDelete