On the Osa Bella website was a link to another blogsite called Twitarded. Twitarded has since become a staple in my daily life, much like milo and pretzels (don't ask). Its funny and sad and just a great group of women to hang out with. Although I loved the Twilight series and couldnt put the book down, I am still not sure why. And here I found some kindred spirits.
Also on the Twitarded site were a lot of recs for fanfic. I was especially interested in anything that elaborated on the Breaking Dawn 'honeymoon night that never was'. Just to fill in blanks you know. But I found a lot of other stuff, including a great story called 15 Step written by one of the Twitarded hosts, which is not yet finished, but I keep waiting patiently. But one that kept on being discussed was 'Master of the Universe'. I was interested but it was described as BDSM and words like 'dominant' and 'submissive' were thrown about, and being a relative fanfic (and lemon) virgin I was unsure. Did I want to expose myself to this darkness...?
HELL YES!!! Even the banner was yummylicious!
I love reading. Its like air to me (or like milo and pretzels. Meh...). But it is not often that I have physical reactions to what I read, like crying. Very, very seldom do I cry in a book. Or a movie. Whatevs. But in MotU I found myself gasping for breath, my jaw would drop to the floor, I would involuntarily cover my eyes because I knew what was coming but couldn't bare to read it. It's. That. Good.
It also introduced me to some great music. (which I have since found out, a lot of fanfic does) And as a music addict this worked for me. I found many like-minded individuals were keen on the MotU playlist, but being slightly OCD as I am I had to go and re-read everything so I could get all the songs in the right order.
I found a facebook page dedicated to MotU, and mentioned I was working on the playlist, and one lovely lady asked me to post it when I was finished. Which I did. But I figured I may as well put it here too, seeing as I don't have much else to talk about at the moment. Oh except
MOTU IS GETTING PUBLISHED!!!!!!!
*does a little happy dance while co-workers look on with concerned expressions*
So here is what I posted on facebook for anyone who may be interested:
Ok, so here is the playlist as I can find it. I have read & re-read MotU I & II, and this what I can find, in order of the chapters. There are some songs that are included in others' playlists, eg on Mixpod, but I just can't find these songs in the text! I have included these songs at the bottom, so if anyone knows where they fit in please let me know. I have used some of these playlists to idenitfy songs where only the artists are named in the text, again I may be missing something. Also I haven't included repeats of songs, although sometimes they are mentioned more than once in the text:
MotU I1. The Flower Duet - Delibes from the opera Lakme
2. Kings of Leon – Sex on Fire
3. Bach-Marcello Concerto in D Minor BVM (or BWV) 974 Adagio
4. Amy Studt – Misfit
5. I’m on Fire- Bruce Springsteen
6. Lightning Strike - Snow Patrol
7. Aria No 5 from Bachianas Brasileiras - Villa Lobos
8. Witchcraft - Frank Sinatra
9. Tell It Like It Is – Aaron Neville
10. Toxic – Britney Spears
11. Pachelbels Canon in D Minor
12. Spem in Alium – The 40 part Motet by Thomas Tallis
13. Opus 28, Prelude No 4 in E minor - Chopin
14. The Montagues and Capulets - Prokofiev
15. Pump It - The Black Eyed Peas
16. This thing called love - Ella Fitzgerald
17. Like A Star - Corinne Bailey Rae
18. Lover You Should’ve Come Over - Jeff Buckley
19. Set down your Glasses - Snow Patrol
20. Principles of Lust - Enigma.
21. Possession - Sarah McLachlan
22. Try – Nelly Furtado
23. The Scientist - Cold Play
24. Every Breath You Take - The Police
25. Heartbeats - Jose Gonzalez
26. Green Grass - Cibelle
27. The Blowers Daughter - Damien Rice
28. Homelands - Nitin Sawhney
29. Fantasia on a theme by Thomas Tallis – Vaugh Willimas
30. Buena Vistra Social – Chan Chan by Club
31. Crazy in Love - Beyonce
32. Please Forgive Me - David Gray
33. Bailero – Canteloube, Songs of the Auvergne
34. I’ve Got You Under My Skin - Michael Buble/Frank Sinatra
35. Come Fly with Me - Michael Buble/Frank Sinatra
36. It Had to Be You - Frank Sinatra
37. Songbird - Eva Cassidy
38. Weather to Fly - Elbow
39. King of Pain – The Police
40. Someone Like You – Van Morrison
41. Moondance - Van Morrison
42. This City Never Sleeps - The Eurythmics
43. The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face - Roberta Flack
MotU II44. You’ll Never Find Another Love Like Mine – Michael Buble
45. Your Love is King - Sadé
46. Great Gig in the Sky – Pink Floyd
47. Requiem Paradisium - Gabriel Faure
48. Wicked Game - Chris Isaak
49. Aretha Franklin - Say A Little Prayer
50. Dionne Warwick - Walk On By
51. Sexy Bitch – David Guetta Featuring Akon
52. Touch Me – DJ Rui Da Silva
53. White Flag - Dido
54. Sweet About Me - Gabriella Cilmi
Songs included in playlists but can't find in MotU text:Don’t let me be misunderstood - Nina Simone
In your eyes - Peter Gabriel?
Ani Di Franco - Grey
Secret - Maroon 5
You do something to Me - Paul Weller
Cello Concerto in E minor Op.85 - Edward Elgar
Stay with me till dawn - Judie Tzuke?
Once again if anyone knows where these fit, please let me know.
I will try to update when there are new chapters with music.
So there you have it. MotU music in all its glory. I didn't even know there were such great artists as Elbow and Ani Di Franco and Paul Weller, and really didn't think much of Snow Patrol or Coldplay. Little did I know. So thanks to Snowqueens Icedragon, the genius behind MotU, I have now broadened my musical horizons.
I don't know if I mentioned that I am slightly OCD, and those songs that are in other playlists but I can't find in the MotU text are
driving me crazy slightly annoying. Especially as most of them are really great songs. Like In Your Eyes by Peter Gabriel. I love this song and its really fitting for the story so I would love to know that it fits in somewhere. Specific. But I will read through the story again, especially when it's published and maybe I will find them then. I remain hopeful.