Wednesday 13 June 2012

PROJECT 365: Part 9

ONWARDS!


Day 74: Agricultural books

 My current task at the Willem Prinsloo Agricultural museum is going through their small library to learn something about agriculture, agriculture in South Africa and the history of agriculture.  So I am slowly going through each of the books you see above.  Hopefully, once I've done that, I will be able to think up an exciting new exhibition theme.  And have some clue as to what all the strange implements, which are part of the museum collection, are.


Day 75: Strange winter weather
Overcast weather is not something we see often in winter on the highveld.  Apparently it even rained a bit in some parts!  And it was bloody cold.  This sky was moody and beautiful though.


Day 76: It may look lovely and sunny but it's bloody freezing!
Our winter skies generally look more like this.  This was taken in my back yard.  I took the picture quickly and then hurried back inside to sit in front of the heater,


Day 77: New winter linen
Another purchase from the shopping day.  I love winter linen!  It's so snugly. 


Day 78: from my garden.
This is the citrus fruit that was pictured on Day 56.  It's called a naartjie (narchie) over here, and according to Wikipedia is "also known as cold hardy mandarin, satsuma mandarin, satsuma orange, Christmas orange, and tangerine".  Which really confuses me because we get tangerines too and mandarins and occasionally satsuma's and they all taste and look slightly different.  Anywhoodle, this naartjie comes from my garden and is rather tasty!

Day 79: Portrait of a Bedside Table

A peek into the messiness that is my life.


Day 80: Traffuck.
I was late for work again this morning.  But today I have a valid excuse.  And photographic evidence!


My animals are sadly missing from my recent photos.  I think I need to remedy that...

1 comment:

  1. Yes, more animals please :)

    Not that I mind these pictures at all, I just miss the pets.

    I am still trying to come to terms with the fact that you are experiencing winter and freezing and I am over here melting in summer. So amazing to me.

    ReplyDelete