Monday 25 June 2012

PROJECT 365: Part 10

Quite  few photos today, I've let them pile up again.  I'm trying to look at things differently and take photos from different perspectives.  I think these latest photos are a bit better.  Not wow, just not completely boring.  So lets see if I can keep improving.

Day 81: Lonely tree
I took this while working at the farm museum.  I was working in a very cold boardroom/research area, where they keep all their books and had to get up every now and then just to keep the blood circulating or try to find a patch of warm.  FYI there are no patches of warm in that entire building.  I kept going to look out the window as there were school buses driving in or tractors watering the sand roads or birds or cats to look at.  My eyes kept on being drawn to this tree with these poles in front of it.  It looked so out of place.  I know it looks like the other trees are surrounding it, but relative to the other trees, this little tree looked so isolated.  With only those 10 poles for company. Poor little tree :(


Day 82: Steaming mug of vanilla chai tea
Again, this was taken in the boardroom/research area of the farm museum.  Feck it's cold there.  I was writing notes when the movement of the steam off the tea caught my eye.  I didn't capture it precisely, it was far more beautiful in real life.


Day 83: Yummy! Veggie soup, here we come.
 
My first homemade soup of the season.  Well, I bought the veggies in a ready chopped and mixed soup pack.  But I cooked em up myself, that counts right?


Day 84: A barrelful of naartjies.

These are the same fruit in the photos of days 56 and 78.  I just had some help picking these.  The tree is not neatly pruned and has been left to grow wild, so most of the fruit sits at the top of the tree which is far away from where I can reach.  Under my Dad's supervision, my sister and her fiance (and me) managed to pick quite a lot.  Well, I say pick: actually they shook them out of the tree so my sister and I picked most of them off of the ground.  My parents and my sister left with a shopping bagful and I packed another bagful for my boss and the lady who comes to clean my house every 2 weeks.  And I still have a load.  If I get around to making jam (I found a recipe for naartjie marmalade) I'll be sure to take a photo.


Day 85: Reading
This is my Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.  I have the most beautiful set of Harry Potter books.  Guess what I'm reading at the moment...


Day 86: Winter morning sky
Another weird winter sky. I love the sky... *sigh*

Anyway, as I was leaving for work on this morning, I looked to my right and this is what I saw.


Day 87: A most excellent dawg!
 This is a very poor photo of Shilo.  I was lying in bed (as I often do, it seems) and he looked at me like this.  I quickly snapped this photo with my phone, and tried to edit and improve it as far as I could and this is the result.  While Penny is awfully cute, Shilo is simply the best dog.  He's a dog's dog; a people dog; a handsome dog; a dog without issues.  Simply excellent!


Day 88: The eye of the Penny.
Again, I was lying on my bed.... And I decided I needed to capture Penny's eye colour for posterity.  Penny has the most beautiful colour eyes!  In fact, one of the reasons why I chose Penny for Shilo (after all, she is his dog, not mine) was that her mother had the most beautiful colour eyes.  I told Penny the day I brought her home that if she did not end up with the same eyes as her mother, I was taking her back.  I don't think she believed me...

Penny is a total girl and has her fair share of issues, most of which we have worked through.  I love her to pieces, and she is so different from Shilo but they are perfect for each other.  Shilo's eyes, which you can't see in the photo above of him, are so dark, you generally can't distinguish his iris from his pupil.  He has beetle black eyes, which in no way stops them from being very expressive!


Day 89: Emergency chocolate mug cake.
Nuff said, really.


Day 90: Rock cakes. Yum!
I have only ever found these at one supermarket in my area.  Ok, two, but the second one only had them once.  I love rock cakes.  They are sugary, raisin goodness!


Day 91: Tug of war on the move.
I love this photo.  This is basically how the two of them are. All. The. Time.  When they're not sleeping of course.  Look at their ears! Silly doggies.


Day 92: New boots.
Thanks to my sister!  I wouldn't have any shoes if it wasn't for her.  I hate shoe shopping.  She LOVES shoe shopping.  So it works out well.  But I now have far more shoes than I ever wanted!

These are super warm though and nice looking to boot!  And I need warm on my feet.


I am still driving around in my Mom's naturally air conditioned beetle (Read: freezing).  Keep fingers and toes crossed that I get my car back this week.


3 comments:

  1. I think the tree is happy - it isn't being bothered by any other tree - it has all the wind to itself and it is quiet. :)

    I want tea now.

    What is a naartjie? Like an orange, a lemon, something else? It looks amazing. I wish I lived nearby to get some marmalade :)

    I think those two pics of the pups shows them perfectly. Shiloh as the dog and Penny as the puppy LOL

    ooo I could use those boots right now. Of course it is summer here and in fact a heat wave is descending on us as I type. BUT my office is a refigerator. I am freezing, My feet are freezing. I am just going to stare at the boot pic and pretend those are my feet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparantly naartjies are like mandarins, satsumos or tangerines. But it tastes a bit different to those in my opinion.

      Ah, a tree after my own heart :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete