Wednesday 6 June 2012

PROJECT 365: Part 8

A spectacularly boring couple of weeks, with the exception of shopping and Snow White and her Huntsman.

Day 61: Carriages. Many, many carriages.
This is at the Willem Prinsloo Agricultural Museum, where I should spending a few days every week from now on.  Agriculture is not my thing, but a change is as good as a holiday, right?  The museum also has an exceptional collection of wagons and carriages, as you can see.




Day 62: Two Haws shopping.


SisHaw decided we needed a girl's day out.  And for her that means shopping.  I don't generally enjoy shopping.  I like to go in, get what I need or want and go out again.  No window shopping, no trying on clothes, no fuss.  Generally though, I can't do that, as either I can't find what I'm looking for or I don't have the money.  But this time I had a bit of spare cash and there was some stuff I needed.  Winter linen, clothes to fit my ever expanding proportions, books, a fluffy blanket with cozy words written all over it....  Stuff I really NEEDED!  All in all this was a very bad idea.  I spent way too much money and so did SisHaw.  And we bought stuff for each other as well.  Oh well, we don't do it very often so I won't regret it.

This photo was taken at Mugg & Bean, the coffee shop/restaurant where we had lunch: quesadillas with herbed mushrooms. YUM!  I may have a quesadilla problem thanks to Lori Otto.  We also had a new drink there; warm apple juice with cinnamon and cloves and topped with cream and caramel syrup.  Delicious.



Day 63: My whimsical purchase.
When I was a little girl, I did a lot of dancing.  For our one dance concerts, my tap class dressed as flappers from the 1920's, feathers included, and we each had a string of pearl beads around our necks, knotted at the bottom.  I seem to remember we danced to a Glenn Miller number...  Anyway, I loved those beads and when I was too cool to wear them around my neck, I wound them around my wrist.  They must have broken or something, because they have been out of my life for many, many years and I often find myself wishing I had them.  So when I saw these, I had to buy them!



Day 64: Museum break-in.
When I got to work on this Monday, I was told that the museum had been broken into over the weekend.  They through a rock through the window to get in.  Fortunately, after going through the museum with all my inventories, I confirmed that nothing was taken.  Which, according to my good friend BookwormBaby25, proves that they were looking for a place to have sex.  Eeeeuw.
 
 

Day 65: Official Twitard. Thank you Amy!!!

 I won a giveaway on Twitarded! TwiKiwi, who is getting more and more svelte with every passing day, found that her Forks 2011 t-shirt was too big for her.  I, on the other hand, am experiencing quite the opposite to Amy, and I don't have a Twitarded shirt.  I bought SisHaw one for her birthday last year, and I got myself a book bag, but no t-shirt for Nikki.  So when STY mentioned TwiKiwi was being so generous I JUMPED at the opportunity.  And above is the result.  All this has made a very happy Duck!


Day 66: Snugly
The blanket I purchased as mentioned above.  It is so snugly and warm and I keep discovering new words!  And it's reversible, so depending on my mood, I can have blue words or brown words.


Day 67: A stitch in time
I knit.  Yes I do.  Not prolifically but still.  I have recently discovered this weird yarn.  It's more like a piece of woollen lace that you knit with.  Anywhoodle, I can make nifty scarves in a couple of hours, which is really great when boredom hits.


Day 68: Winter supper.
One of the many things I have learnt from reading fan fiction is that a 'thing' in America is grilled cheese sandwiches with tomato soup.  This is not a 'thing' here.  We have tomato soup OR toasted cheese sandwiches.  So, living on the edge as I do, I decided to give this a whirl.  And it is rather good!


Day 69: #SWATH day
Meet CheeseHaw.  Yes, once again they took me to see a movie I wanted to see.  They are good at taking instruction.  And where did we go after?  Mugg & Bean to introduce the man to herbed mushroom quesadillas!

Oh, and I really enjoyed Snow White and the Huntsman.  I enjoyed Chris Hemsworth far more than I thought I would.  And I enjoyed Kristen with green eyes.  We did giggle about the many Twilight-like moments though, and I have continued giggling with friends on Twitter.


Day 70: the days menu...
This Harry Potter box set was my birthday present from CheeseHaw.  And I still haven't finished watching it.  There is so much to see on a BluRay dvd.  On Sunday I got through the special features of The Philosophers Stone through to the special features on The Goblet of Fire.  I haven't even got to the actual movies yet!


Day 71: Catalogue
Part of my job at the moment is to sort out the mess of documents in the Kruger Collection.  And while doing this I realised that the catalogue card system for the collection is also in a mess.  So I'm tackling one thing at a time.


Day 72: Rearview
Notice anything about this pic?  That is the rearview mirror of a beetle.  Yes, I am still driving my mother's beetle.  The car whose air-conditioning consists of windows that don't close properly.  And here we are in the middle (almost) of winter.  It has given me a new appreciation of my car.


Day 73: Found lollipop!
A few weeks ago I tweeted very excitedly that I'd found a lollipop.  I was truly excited, as anyone would be.  I was looking for something in my work bag and lo and behold, a cherry lollipop!  Oh Happy Day.  Well, guess what?  The same thing happened today!  It's not a cherry lollipop but still, it will do nicely.  I think my work bag has some magical lollipop properties.

And the centre of the lollipop is filled with sherbet!

4 comments:

  1. CheeseHaw??

    I want a lollipop purse ;)

    What are some of the words on your blankie?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CheeseHaw is the nickname I gave my sister and her fiance, combined. They are cheesy. They got engaged on Valentines day ;-)

      I can't remeber now, I'll have to check! I think 'blanket' is a word. And 'warm'. And 'pyjamas'...

      Delete
  2. Hey what happened to the Subscribe By Email for comments clickie?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *shrugs* I just blog here. I don't actually know what's going on ;) But I'll have a looksee.

      Delete