Thursday 24 May 2012

PROJECT 367: Part 7

We are heading into winter here and things are getting chilly. Expect to see pictures of socks and warm drinks and blankets and snuggly things in general.  I do not like the cold.


Day 53: Downward spiral
A staircase at a hospital. Why was I at a hospital? Because PopHaw is a stubborn bugger who refuses to look after himself properly. GAH! Lets not talk about this.


Day 54: The very centre of the city of Pretoria.
I have it on good authority that it looks just like downtown Philadelphia! We don't have 'downtown' and 'uptown' here. It's kinda sad. If I had to say to someone, 'let's go downtown' they'd probably think I was singing the lyrics to a song.  If I was lucky.


Day 55: Doggy bathtime.
Shilo LOVES to bath.  He loves water any way he can get it.  He just jumps in the bath and sits and waits for me.  Penny is still not so sure, but it's great having a happy go lucky guy like Shilo as an example.  This time I decided to see if Penny would jump in too.  So after saying "jump in!" to Shilo, and him doing it, I said the same to Penny and she did! She DID jump in. Then she jumped out again, and we had some fun and games getting her back in, but still.  Now her favourite game this week is 'lets jump in the bath willy nilly.'  She's gonna get a shock if she does it and the bath is full.

And, predictably, a few hours after this photo was taken, Shilo had rolled in sand again and was brown.  And I dunno, he some velcro fur or something coz sand just stays on him.  It's bad in winter because it's so dry here (we are a summer rain region) so there is just sand and dust everywhere for him to roll in.


Day 56: My garden is citrusy...
This is supposed to be portrait not landscape.... Oh well.  So there is fruit growing in my garden! This is one I can identify.  Well, half identify.  I mean it's some sort of citrus fruit... Can't wait to try them, but they're still a bit green.  There's some other weird stuff that grows on a palm tree looking plant in summer.  No idea what that is.


Day 57: Winter bloom.
Another incorrectly orientated photo. Aaargh Blogger!!!  After a very brief google search, I think this is a type of double poinsettia.  I originally thought it was a coral tree, but I was wrong.  It's pretty, and adds lovely colour to the winter garden at the museum.


Day 58: Today's place of work.
The DITSONG National Museum of Cultural History.  Say that three times fast!


Day 59: New pyjamas
I probably have more pairs of pyjamas than I need.  But I don't really care.  A change of season means you need new pyjama's, right? RIGHT?  And doesn't that cow look so happy.


Day 60: Vintage driving.
Driving MaHaw's Beetle today, while PopHaw uses my car.  I love Beetles.  I had a yellow one for my first car.  It got stolen outside the university.  I then got a beautiful blue one, but nothing can replace your first eetle.  And they have their own smell!

Love ya.

2 comments:

  1. Uh Oh I am a good authority now?? LOL!!

    Next time tell PopHaw he can't borrow your car unless he takes better care of himself and doesn't have you all going to the hospital.

    I love the Beetle picture. My neighbor where I grew up had a gorgeous dark green one. I loved the noise it made. I always knew when she was around.

    ReplyDelete