Friday 20 January 2012

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TWIKIWI!!!!!!



As you can see from the title of this post, I want to say Happy Birthday to a special friend I've made over the past year. I started following TwiKiwi after I read about her planned journey to the USA over at Twitarded. Unfortunately she couldn't go at the same time as the FORKS 2011 trip, but she was going to Forks just the same, and leaving some gifts for her fellow Twatwaffles. I sent a follow request on Twitter, which she graciously accepted and thus began my long-distance relationship with TwiKiwi.

I so enjoyed all her tweets throughout her trip, and even found myself looking up many of the places she was visiting. I looked forward to every update on Twitter and her blog and really did live vicariously through her.

Fortunately, our little friendship continued when she finally returned to New Zealand. I have met many wonderful people through TwiKiwi online, I have read many wonderful fics because of TwiKiwi, and I have received additions to my growing ducky collection from TwiKiwi....

I now have 3 KiwiDucks, who have pride of place in my bathroom

I also got to taste chocolate fish, which are VERY moreish, thanks to TwiKiwi. I also now know that I am fuckawesome, because if the Kiwi says it, it must be true. I just wanted to take a moment to let her know that I am truly thankful for her friendship and value it so much. We may not have met in person (yet) but I consider TwiKiwi to most definitely be a RL friend!




So HAPPY BIRTHDAY KIWI GIRL! I love you and hope you have a wonderful day filled with love, hugs, chocolate fish and many, many decadent (and possibly sparkly) things!


Nix

3 comments:

  1. Awww, that's sweet. I too feel very blessed to count Amy among my friends. And u too Nix. I'm so happy that twilight/blogs/twitter have brought us together!!!!

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOD NIKKI.

    Where do I start?

    Firstly, I think I should explain some of the pics above. The one of me with the large duck was at a circus-themed conference dinner I went to, and I managed to sneak a few little duckies into my purse. I named them Nix, Jul and Amy after @nixHaw, @SparklyJulNZ and myself, and popped them in the mail to South Africa.

    Chocolate fish are NZ delicacies! They're marshmallow inside, no fishies were harmed.

    Nikki, THANK YOU SO MUCH. From your witty comments, funny stories (seriously, I'm glad your doggie is ok) and then there's the pics of Jackson you love to tweet me... aaaah!!! You are a true friend, and I thank you so much for everything.

    OK now I'm repeating myself... time to stop waffling.

    I'm glad you've enjoyed the fic recs, too. That's how I decide what to read, so I like to pay it forward.

    And Smitten, thank you too! ILY x

    Kiwi over and out. I've got brunch to get to. I am so thankful we have all met and I count you as RL friends. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Smitten Isn't this circle of friends great? I'm so glad we got to know each other!

    @TwiKiwiFifty Love ya!

    ReplyDelete